Reader Control Software
The Reader Control Software is an intuitive and easy-to-understand interface allowing users to effortlessly define instrument parameters and protocols. This interface is included with every BMG LABTECH reader and is a multi-user software that can be installed on as many computers as the user requires, without the need to purchase additional licenses.
The Reader Control Software is an extremely versatile interface which runs multi-step assays including multiple reagent injections and shaking. It also uses advanced timing for kinetic assays. For more complex tasks, BMG LABTECH offers a built-in script mode which allows the integration of different assay measurements into one.
Predefined to user-definable protocols
Predefined protocols are already installed in the control software and enable quick and easy access to the most commonly used applications. These can be modified to create user-defined protocols, or a completely new protocol can be created from scratch.
Predefined protocols include DNA/RNA concentration, protein concentration (Lowry, Bradford, BCA), ELISAs, cell growth, NADH/NAD+ conversion, DLRTM, ADP-Glo®, LanthaScreen®, HTRF® cAMP and IP-One, LANCE®, AlphaScreen®, AlphaLISA®, Transcreener®, Fluo3/4/8/ calcium flux, GeneBLAzer®, PathHunter®, Picogreen®, GFP, and CFP-YFP.
- Real-time data display during measurement
- Quick-start button for quick measurements
- Software-controlled top and bottom reading
- 900 points/well resolution during well scanning
- Orbital/spiral averaging for heterogeneous sample measurement
- Automatic data transfer to MARS data analysis software
- Data export to Excel, dBase, or ASCII format
- ActiveX, DDE and SiLA interfaces for easy integration
- Easy integration into LIMS systems
- ActiveX or DDE control for robotic integration
General system requirements
- Pentium CPU (Intel Pentium 4 or higher with at least 2 GHz clock rate recommended)
- Min. 256 MB RAM (1 GB or more recommended)
- 400 MB free hard disk memory for software installation
- Microsoft Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
- One free USB port and/or one free serial communication port (depending on reader)
To make sure that you have the latest software version for your microplate reader, check our software updates overview.