MARS Data Analysis Software
BMG LABTECH’s unique and intuitive data analysis software, MARS, is a proprietary software package and offers several calculation possibilities. This interface is included with every BMG LABTECH reader and is a multi-user software that can be installed on as many computers as the user requires without the need to purchase licenses.
- One-click assay calculation templates
- Automatic DNA/RNA concentration determination
- Delta F% calculation for HTRF®
- Excel and ASCII export
- FDA 21 CFR part 11 compliant
- First order rate kinetics
- Kd, Km, Vmax calculations
- Moving (boxcar) averages
- Automatic background/baseline correction
- Standard curve calculation wizard
- Signal-to-Noise and Signal-to-Blank calculations
- User-defined formula generator
- Michaelis-Menten, Lineweaver-Burk, Scatchard, etc.
- Z' value calculation
- UV/vis spectral view
- Standard curve fits for linear, 4- and 5-parameter, hyperbola, 2nd and 3rd polynomial, cubic-spline, segmental, user-defined, etc.
There are two ways to display data in MARS: microplate view shows all of the wells of the microplate in either the numerical form or as a graphical representation, if applicable (e.g. kinetic curves or display data in colors). Table view creates separate categories for each column and sorts the data according to a chosen column. Both options allow users to view, print and export their data according to their preferences.
3D well mapping
In cell-based assays, cells may not be distributed evenly over the entire well. A key feature on BMG LABTECH readers is well scanning, which scans the whole well creating a matrix of that well with up to 900 points/well resolution. These data can also be displayed with the 3D well mapping feature in MARS. This feature can also be used to view kinetic absorbance data three dimensionally.
After measuring an enzyme-catalyzed fluorescence, luminescence, or absorbance reaction, MARS can instantly analyze the data to determine enzymatic constants such as Km and Vmax. This software feature, when used in conjunction with BMG LABTECH's high speed UV/vis spectrometer, will revolutionize microplate based enzyme kinetics.
To simplify data reduction after measurement, complex and assays-specific analysis and calculations can be created and saved in MARS as calculation templates. These templates can be linked to specific detection protocols, enabling measurement and data analysis of an assay with just two mouse clicks.
General system requirements
- Pentium CPU (Intel Pentium 4 or higher with at least 2 GHz clock rate recommended)
- 1 GB or more RAM
- 2 GB free hard disk memory for software installation
- Microsoft Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
Additional system requirements PHERAstar FSX, PHERAstar FS, CLARIOstar, Omega series, SPECTROstar Nano and NEPHELOstar Plus
- One free USB port
Additional system requirements PHERAstar, PHERAstar Plus, OPTIMA series, NEPHELOstar, NOVOstar
- One free serial communication port