Technical Sales and Support Specialist (m/w/d)
Being a market leader has its perks, year on year growth with the potential for further expansion, finds us looking for a talented, experienced Technical Specialist to join our driven team of professionals. By forging new relationships and supporting the existing client base, no two days will be the same for the successful applicant. Activities include but are not limited to;
- Undertake sales activities to defined customer base and territory.
- Continuous learning to ensure comprehensive understanding of microplate readers and their application.
- Systematic coverage of allocated sales territory, managing existing customers and identifying new opportunities and servicing products as required.
- Regular travel throughout Australia and the APAC region.
- Develop strong relationships with key customer contacts – decision makers and influencers.
- Undertake education and training where appropriate during client appointments.
- Reporting on results of sales activities.
- Increase current CRM through data mining via directories and other sources.
- Keeping abreast of competitors' goods and services, and market conditions.
- Participate in Marketing and Branding strategy development for the region.
- Participate in the execution of the Development Plan.
- Ensuring own knowledge of employer’s products are up to date and current.
- Post sales activities, such as quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders.
- Arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services.
- Post sales meeting follow-up to ensure client satisfaction with goods and services purchased, and resolving any problems arising.
- preparing sales reports and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred.
To be successful in the position you will be a self-motivated, self-directed individual with the drive to meet and exceed targets and KPIs. Your passion for sales and aftercare support coupled with your drive to continually develop your skill set will play a major part in your success within this challenging role. You are articulate and well presented with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Naturally, you will also have strong relationship building skills, with stakeholders. Specific skills and experience – we are looking for include:
- Qualifications in Biological Science, Instrumentation, Optics, Electronics
- Technical background and experience in similar roles
- Proven sales experience
- Meter testing experience is essential, with experience in electronic testing desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software packages, such as Microsoft Office.
- Excellent spoken and written English language with a second language related to APAC valued.
- Current driver's licence
- A current Passport allowing travel to all APAC countries
- A passionate, accountable, high-performance attitude, with a willingness to be flexible and keep learning, whilst providing high level technical support and servicing.
Benefits and culture
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the right candidate including base salary, company car or car allowance and sales incentive.
Our employees are supported in self driven opportunities for personal development and growth.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please apply now and take the first step to an exciting new career!
As this is a permanent career position you must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident to be considered.