Nephelometry is a method for the determination of the cloudiness of a solution. A light beam passes through the sample and the light is scattered by the suspended particles. The measured forward scattered light indicates the amount of the insoluble particles present in solution. Common nephelometry applications include automated HTS drug solubility screening, long-term microbial growth kinetics, flocculation, and the monitoring of polymerization and precipitation, including immunoprecipitation.
Nephelometry detection with BMG LABTECH microplate readers
Nephelometry-based detection can be performed on the NEPHELOstar® Plus, the world’s only laser-based microplate nephelometer. The NEPHELOstar Plus uses a specific laser with adjustable intensity and diameter as light source and an Ulbricht sphere to collect the light scattered by an angle up to 80 degrees. Thanks to these features it is able to outperform simple turbidimetry measurements.
Указания по применению
- Improving throughput for assessing nephelometric turbidity units (NTUs) using the NEPHELOstar Plus
- 96-well nephelometric assay to detect calcification propensity of serum samples
- Nephelometric monitoring growth of Candida albicans using BMG LABTECH's NEPHELOstar Plus
- Measuring of rheumatoid factors by the NEPHELOstar Plus microplate reader
- Monitoring of microbial growth curves by laser nephelometry