CLARIOstar and PHERAstar provide highest sensitivity to measure ratiometric roGFP probes
Genetically encoded biosensors based on the redoxsensitive green fluorescent protein (roGFP) are a particularly powerful tool to monitor cellular redox changes. roGFP2 has two excitation peaks, at 405 nm and 488 nm, when monitoring fluorescence emission at 510 nm. The relative intensities of the two excitation peaks shift in an opposing direction upon roGFP2 reduction or oxidation.
roGFP measurements are usually performed on cell monolayers and benefit considerably from measurements from the bottom of the plate and from automated compound injection. The following features make the CLARIOstar the ideal detection system for roGFP-based screening in live cells:
- Highest sensitivity on the market in fluorescence intensity both with filters and LVF monochromators
- Excitation and emission spectral scans
- Open air optic system for top and bottom reading
- Automatic focus adjustment (resolution: 100 μm)
- Built-in reagent injectors with extremely low filling and dead volume
- Temperature control up to 45 °C (optionally 65 °C)
- Atmospheric Control Unit (ACU) for active and independent control of O2 and CO2
The boxes below lead on to roGFP related products and application notes.