Life Science Capital Equipment Sales Associate (m/w/d)
We are hiring for a Sales Associate position located in the Boston area. This is a home-office based position providing sales, sales-support, service, training and applications support tasks related to operations in the Northeastern U.S. The schedule is flexible, but travel to regional destinations to visit accounts will be frequent, with overnight travel about 20- to 25% of the time. Working with the Regional Sales Manager and support teams at HQ, the person in this position will:
Sales Associate Job Duties:
- Sell fun and innovative high-end research capital equipment into life science labs throughout the Northeast U.S.
- Use your love of science and lab experience to engage with customers in a variety of research labs.
- Train users in operation and troubleshoot scientific questions.
- Represent the company at conferences and regional trade shows
- Train users in operation and troubleshoot scientific questions related to use
- Maintain relationships with current customers and sales partners
Requirements for the position are good communication skills, an aptitude for sales and a background in life science laboratory research. Candidates who have sales experience of any kind, will be given close consideration but we are willing to train candidates without sales experience.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Life Sciences is required. Masters or PhD is preferred. Backgrounds in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry and related disciplines are ideal.
- No sales experience is necessary, but an aptitude for wanting to engage with people and an interest in sales and marketing are critical
- The ability to understand data analysis and the basics of a research plan is important for success
- Presentation skills are valued
- Ability to travel overnight one night a week and regular day travel to regional locations is required
The position includes base salary plus commission. BMG Labtech offers a car allowance, paid travel expenses, provides a 401k, life insurance, health, dental and eye insurance, family leave and three weeks of vacation at hire.
If you are interested please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.