Discontinued microplate readers
Unlimited applications and technical support
BMG LABTECH’s mission is to develop microplate readers guaranteed to provide optimum performance for years. We have maintained this philosophy while continuing to remain at the forefront of microplate reading, always introducing new and unique products. All microplate readers are built to be extremely reliable and robust over decades, some of the very first products are still in use across the globe.
BMG LABTECH's products deliver excellent and reproducible results over decades when routinely maintained. The company’s applications and technical support teams will be there for customers for the lifetime of their microplate reader.
The following plater readers are no longer produced:
PHERAstar & PHERAstar FS
The PHERAstar readers has been conceived for high-throughput screening. Its high sensitivity and fast read times established it as the gold standard for screening campaigns. The PHERAstar FS was discontinued in 2016 and replaced by the PHERAstar FSX.
The NOVOstar is a multifunction microplate reader offering liquid handling capabilities (micro-pipettor and plate-to-plate transfer) for kinetic cell-based assays, along with the measurement abilities of a conventional multi-mode microplate reader. It was discontinued in 2015.
The OPTIMA series is a family of filter-based single and multi-mode readers that was discontinued in 2015. The success of the OPTIMA Series has established BMG LABTECH as an industry leader in microplate reader innovations with its advanced functionality, easy-to-use control software and affordable price. Three readers belong to this series:
- FLUOstar OPTIMA offers four basic reading modes: absorbance, fluorescence intensity incl. FRET, Time-Resolved Fluorescence (TRF) and luminescence. The FLUOstar OPTIMA was replaced by the FLUOstar Omega.
- POLARstar OPTIMA upgrades the FLUOstar OPTIMA with fluorescence polarization and Simultaneous Dual Emission (SDE) detection. SDE can also be used for better performance in FRET and BRET assays. The POLARstar OPTIMA was replaced by the POLARstar Omega.
- LUMIstar OPTIMA offers high-performance luminescence and BRET capabilities. It can be upgraded to FLUOstar or POLARstar OPTIMA. The LUMIstar OPTIMA was replaced by the LUMIstar Omega.
It was discontinued in 2012. The world’s first laser-based microplate nephelometer developed for light scattering measurements. The NEPHELOstar was the first generation that was further improved and replaced with the NEPHELOstar Plus.
The RUBYstar was the first and only laser-based HTRF-dedicated reader on the market. It was recognized as the standard benchmark of performance for HTRF assays. The RUBYstar was discontinued in 2010 and replaced with the PHERAstar Series. Our current product is the PHERAstar FSX.
The Galaxy series is the forerunner of the OPTIMA and the first series of single and multi-mode plate readers BMG LABTECH built. Galaxies were discontinued in 2003. Three readers belong to this series:
- FLUOstar Galaxy offers four basic reading modes: absorbance, fluorescence intensity incl. FRET, Time-Resolved Fluorescence (TRF) and luminescence. The current product is the FLUOstar Omega.
- POLARstar Galaxy enhances the FLUOstar capabilities with fluorescence polarization as an additional detection mode. With the POLARstar Galaxy it is also possible to measure two emission wavelengths simultaneously. The current product is the POLARstar Omega.
- LUMIstar Galaxy is a single mode luminescence only reader. The current product is the LUMIstar Omega.