Automation is a key feature in high-throughput screening. BMG LABTECH has designed all of its microplate readers to be easily integrated into automated systems.
All BMG LABTECH microplate readers have the same x-y dimensions and plate out/in locations. Therefore, once automation hardware has been designed for one BMG LABTECH microplate reader, the solution will work for all BMG LABTECH microplate readers. This standardized footprint minimizes the cost of automation solutions for customers.
BMG LABTECH’s microplate readers can be controlled through ActiveX, DDE and SiLA interfaces. All interfaces are fully documented and manuals are included with our software. BMG LABTECH’s reader control language for basic commands has remained consistent and early drivers can execute basic functions (i.e. plate in, plate out and read) even on the most advanced readers.
For more complex tasks, BMG LABTECH's experienced software team will work with customers to help design any automation solution. There are many automation software features that allow flexibility without any programming – the ASCII data output is the most versatile in the industry and works with most LIMS and automation platforms.
Examples of BMG LABTECH automation collaborations
- Multifunctional screens with the PHERAstar®FS and HighRes Biosolutions’ MicroStar, or the POLARstar Omega and their NanoCell.
- Kinase TR-FRET screen with the PHERAstar and The Automation Partnership’s AssetTM HTS System
- Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) screen with the PHERAstar and Caliper® Life Science’s Twister® robot
- Compound solubility screen with the NEPHELOstar® and Hamilton’s Microlab® Star
- DNA quantification screen with the FLUOstar® Omega and Hamilton’s Microlab® Star
- Peptide inhibitor screen with the POLARstar® OPTIMA and CyBio’s® CyBi® Screen-Machine.
Visit companies that integrated our readers in their automation workflow
BMG LABTECH instrumentation has been successfully integrated into various systems from CyBio. Below are videos demonstrating BMG LABTECH instrumentation in conjunction with CyBio Lab Automation systems. For more information on Cybio, please watch their image video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A05BIN9Pkgk
Here you can watch a video from HighRes Biosolutions that demonstrates the robotic integration of a POLARstar Omega in a NanoCell at Rigel in South San Francisco, CA USA. For more information on automation solutions from HighRes Biosolutions, please visit their website at: http://www.highresbio.com