Join a dynamic and competent team in a fast-growing SME (+30% by 2022).
BMG LABTECH, a leading company within the microplate reader market for 30 years, is looking for a Sales Engineer M/F based in the Lyon area (69), for its French subsidiary located in Champigny-sur-Marne (94).
Benefiting from an excellent reputation, our equipment and services will enable you to make full use of your skills with public (INSERM, CNRS, INRAE) and industrial (pharmaceutical, cosmetics, chemical, biotechnological, agri-food and environmental companies) laboratories.
Your main role will be to develop your customer portfolio and sales in your region (Eastern France), while maintaining our market shares and reputation.
This position reports to the subsidiary's Sales Manager and will be supervised by the Company's Managing Director.
- Continuing to maintain privileged relationships with existing customers in your area.
- Developing your business portfolio and winning new customers/ markets (prospecting).
- Acting as a specialist within the detection modes used in microplates (absorbance, fluorescence, luminescence and nephelometry). Knowledge of FRET, BRET, TR-FRET and/or alpha technologies would be appreciated.
- Demonstrating equipment independently.
- Proposing a technical and commercial offer adapted to your customers' needs, applications and, wherever possible, budgets.
- Ensuring installation, training and after-sales support for users of the entire range.
- Promoting our various service offers (preventive and curative contracts, insurance, after-sales service, training).
- Managing your business, giving priority to customer visits.
- Participating in conferences and trade shows related to the company's activities.
- Regularly updating our databases (particularly our CRM) in line with your activity.
- Working in close collaboration with the entire French Team (Management, Services and Applications Specialist, Technical Sales Engineers from other sectors, Back Office).
- Maintaining the cross-functional relationships necessary for the development of your activity (principally with the technical, application, IT and marketing support of our parent company based in Ortenberg, Germany).
- You must have a scientific background in Biology (ideally cellular or molecular) or Biochemistry, and an initial successful experience in laboratory equipment sales (ideally with the instrumentation area).
- Preferably based in the Lyon region, you will be able to work in home-office mode (hybrid mode) when not travelling on business.
- As this position covers Eastern France (Grand-Est, Bourgogne Franche-Comté and Auvergne Rhône-Alpes regions), you will be mobile throughout the assigned area (on average 3 days per week). You will also need to travel occasionally to our Champigny-sur-Marne headquarter or abroad (particularly Germany).
- You are computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have already experience of CRM usage.
- You can write and speak English, which will enable you to communicate with our support team in Germany and, if necessary, you can present equipment in this language without any major difficulty.
- Autonomous, dynamic, and rigorous, you have excellent interpersonal skills.
- A motivating fixed salary (depending on experience),
- Significant sales commissions and target bonuses,
- And a Company Savings Plan (PEE).
- Contract: Permanent contract with executive status
- Company car + PC + cell phone
- Position available immediately
If you are interested please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.