BMG LABTECH Inc., a market leader in molecular biology and life science detection instrumentation, is looking for a motivated individual based in the greater Philadelphia area to join our service and support team.
If you like science and meeting new people but aren’t interested in spending time in a lab or commuting to the same building every day, we are interested in talking to you about joining our team! In the Service and Support Technician role, you will visit and get to know BMG’s users at universities, pharmaceutical companies, and biotech labs. You will make sure that the research equipment we manufacture, and sell is working well and ready to be used to perform basic research and discover cutting edge medical treatments.
Service and Support Representative Job Duties:
- Visit University and Pharmaceutical labs to service and support BMG LABTECH instrumentation
- Provide support for users of BMG LABTECH control and data evaluation programs
- Perform routine service and repair of BMG LABTECH equipment at customer locations within the service area
- Consult with current customers about their service plan options
- Document service calls and repair services using established procedures
- Support and partner with the sales team with product demonstrations and installs
- Opportunities to travel outside your service area to support other team members across the USA
- Provide feedback to BMG’s headquarters on repairs, failures, and improvements
- Ongoing technical training opportunities.
- You're a problem-solving ninja, you love to build (and rebuild) things. Your family and friends might consider you their "tech guru"
- You have an ability to explain complex issues in simple terms and enjoy doing so
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills
- You are meticulous in your note keeping and record keeping
- You manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You listen more than you talk and enjoy connecting with people
- You can work independently and stay motivated
- You love to travel
What We Offer:
BMG LABTECH provides competitive pay, goal-based incentives, a 401k retirement plan with profit sharing, full health and dental, mileage allowance, phone allowance, flexible vacation to accommodate busy lifestyles, as well as many other benefits. This position is field based from your home office so you can avoid those long daily commutes!
If you are ready to get out of the lab and take your experience into the field, then this career opportunity may be right for you
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 4-year Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or similar scientific field with at least one year of laboratory experience
- Experience in use and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment and microplate reader experience is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and provide proof of COVID vaccination.