BMG LABTECH Inc., a market leader in molecular biology and life science detection instrumentation, is looking for a motivated individual based in the Boston area to join our sales team.
As a Sales Representative you will be responsible for managing sales growth and working with customers at significant corporate and academic institutions in the greater Boston area while being based from a home office.
Sales Representative Job Duties:
- Selling microplate detection systems and providing a high level of technical and customer service to biotechnology and pharma customers.
- Visiting customers in their laboratories for demonstrations and training.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with customers and potential customers in the region.
- Identifying new opportunities for microplate reader placements while improving account control and customer satisfaction with the goal of repeat business.
- Occasionally represent BMG Labtech at conferences and product shows.
Travel: Overnight travel: less than 20%
What We Offer:
BMG LABTECH provides competitive pay, goal-based incentives, a 401k retirement plan with profit sharing, full health and dental, mileage allowance, phone allowance, flexible vacation to accommodate busy lifestyles, as well as many other benefits. This position is field based from your home office so you can avoid those long daily commutes!
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- A BS degree in a life science field such as Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or Biochemistry. An advanced degree is preferred, however a strong relevant work history in biotechnology or pharmaceutical labs is an acceptable alternative.
- Three or more years of work experience in a related life science sales role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to present, discuss, understand, and communicate complicated technical information is important.
- A positive outlook, competence across disciplines and the kind of person others like to be around. BMG is a flat organization, and we succeed because we work together in multiple ways.
- It’s important to have the focus and time management skills to follow through on capital equipment sales cycles that are sometimes long.
- You have a passion for science and sharing knowledge.
- Experience working with microplate readers is desirable.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and provide proof of COVID vaccination.
If you are interested please send your application via email to email@example.com.