BMG LABTECH Inc., a market leader in molecular biology and life science detection instrumentation, is looking for a motivated individual based in the Boston area to join our sales team.
As a Sales Representative you will be responsible for managing sales growth and working with customers at significant corporate and academic institutions in the greater Boston area while being based from a home office.
- Selling microplate detection systems and providing a high level of technical and customer service to biotechnology and pharma customers.
- Visiting customers in their laboratories for demonstrations and training.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with customers and potential customers in the region.
- Identifying new opportunities for microplate reader placements while improving account control and customer satisfaction with the goal of repeat business.
- Occasionally represent BMG Labtech at conferences and product shows.
Travel: Overnight travel: less than 20%
What We Offer:
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- A BS degree in a life science field such as Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or Biochemistry. An advanced degree is preferred, however a strong relevant work history in biotechnology or pharmaceutical labs is an acceptable alternative.
- Three or more years of work experience in a related life science sales role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to present, discuss, understand, and communicate complicated technical information is important.
- A positive outlook, competence across disciplines and the kind of person others like to be around. BMG is a flat organization, and we succeed because we work together in multiple ways.
- It’s important to have the focus and time management skills to follow through on capital equipment sales cycles that are sometimes long.
- You have a passion for science and sharing knowledge.
- Experience working with microplate readers is desirable.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and provide proof of COVID vaccination.
If you are interested please send your application via email to email@example.com.