Field Based – Cambridge / Stevenage
This position represents an exciting opportunity for someone, who is a passionate and self-driven, team player with strong communication skills, to join a developing Scientific Applications Department. If successful, you would become part of a growing business with a great reputation in the scientific community.
This is a UK Field-based position reporting to the Senior Applications Scientist and with support from our external and in house Technical Services Division. Our scientific instruments are used in a wide range of life science research and drug discovery laboratories for different application needs giving rise to much variety in the role.
Working with the sales and service teams you will ensure that our customers enjoy the highest level of service and support both pre- and post-sale. You will have a scientific background, including hands on laboratory experience, excellent inter-personal, organisational, verbal/written communication skills.
In return this role offers real variety and room for personal development.
The role includes:
- Site visits to perform troubleshooting tasks, customer training and installations.
- Handling support calls and emails from multiple sources in line with company customer Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Troubleshooting hardware and software using phone, email, Microsoft Teams and TeamViewer.
- Logging cases on company CRM, Microsoft Dynamics
- Customer demonstrations and instrument evaluations
- Attend conferences supporting sales product specialists
- Providing resources and training to the sales team to support customer demonstrations and installation training
- Preparation and delivery of application seminars, user events, talks at conferences and webinars
Generation of Support resources
- FAQ development working with UK and International applications teams.
- Produce training resources for quarterly team meetings (presentations, documents, etc.)
- Produce and review of customer support guides for common processes.
- Produce Application Notes and blog materials
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Life Science Degree
- Previous laboratory experience
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstratable experience of troubleshooting.
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong IT knowledge and experience
Desirable but not essential:
- PhD or MSc in Life Sciences
- Past technical support experience.
- Experience in the use of microplate reader assays
This role is a varied role with an opportunity to work with team members across our business to offer an industry leading support to our customers. Your values and attributes should reflect this as follows:
- Self starter
- Positive attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to prioritise own work, allocate and delegate work within the team
- Team Player
- Fast learner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Patient and kind
As well as working for an established organisation, with a fantastic reputation in the scientific community and a culture of employee support and growth, benefits will include:
- A competitive salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Contributory pension - 4% employer 5% employee
- Private health care
- Group life insurance
- Annual bonus after a qualifying period aligned to company performance
- 23 days holiday (rising to 28 after qualifying period)
- Employee benefit scheme
- Lunch allowance (when on site)
For further information and a copy of the full job specification please email email@example.com.