BMG LABTECH statement on SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19
BMG LABTECH has been closely monitoring the worldwide developments related to the global COVID-19 outbreak. The health, safety and security of our employees, our users and their families, friends and colleagues are our highest priority.
We are closely following the guidelines of the World Health Organisation and the local governments for limiting the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and how best to protect our customers and employees. BMG LABTECH is managing the situation to ensure we are positioned to support all our customers whilst adhering to international and local guidelines.
Outlined here are the steps that BMG LABTECH is taking globally:
- Appropriate hygiene measures and instruction are being implemented at every BMG LABTECH facility worldwide.
- Customer site visits by BMG LABTECH personnel will be limited to all but essential visits. Wherever possible and suitable, scheduled visits, equipment demonstrations, support and training will be organised via online/video conferencing technology.
- BMG LABTECH has instructed employees to avoid travel when possible and directed all staff not to visit countries where travel restrictions are applied or areas experiencing uncontrolled viral transmission. Visits deemed as essential are restrained to following guidelines:
- No contact policy, with a minimum separation distance of 2 meters between involved people
- Contact and exposure must be kept to the absolute minimum number of people
- The meeting meets our internal dynamic risk assessment to eliminate the risk of contamination
- BMG LABTECH has cancelled or postponed attendance at trade shows, conferences, workshops and other meetings until it would be responsible to attend from a perspective of public health.
- For customers that are about to receive deliveries of a new microplate reader, shipments from our manufacturing facility will continue to be dispatched worldwide, provided the international exchange of goods is not limited. BMG LABTECH is prepared to install the equipment and train users in a responsible way that accommodates the above-mentioned guidelines and your institution’s policies related to the COVID-19 outbreak. Our production is fully functional, and we are processing all incoming orders.
If you have any questions, please contact your local representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wishing you and your families good health,
BMG LABTECH GmbH